1. Overview of colloid mill machine
The colloid mill consists of stainless steel mill or semi stainless steel materials mill, the basic working principle is that the fluid or semi fluid materials undertake strong cutting force, friction force and high speed vibration through the relative high speed movement between the rotor and stator which make the materials crushed, emulsifying, homogenizing, temperature, so as to obtain satisfactory fine grinding products. Character: it includes Vertical type of horizontal type. The main machine consists of body shell, stator, rotor, adjustment system, cooling system and motor. The main parts are all made of stainless steel, with corrosion resistant and non-toxic. The users choose different specification of colloid mill on the basis of different textures of materials, production efficiency and usages, to get a good result.
Applying scope of colloid mill:
Colloid mill are widely used in the food industry for processing peanut butter, sesame paste, soybean milk, milk product, essence, various beverage, ice cream, barbados aloe and pineapple etc; in the chemical industry, it can be used for paint, fuel, lubricant oil, leather and detergent etc; in the medicine industry, it can be used for syrup, nutrient solution, Chinese patent drug, biologicals, oral liquid and injection etc; in the construction industry, it can be used for process various kinds of paints. In addition, the machine can be used in other industry like, plastic, spinning and weaving, paper making as well as in the university research, Key Laboratory etc of high quality production and requirement for experiment.
2. The working principle of colloid mill
The working principle of colloid mill is that the motor drive the gear through the belt and moves with high speed relative with the stator, due to the materials’ own weight or the spiral impact of external pressure, at the gap between the stator and rotor, which produce the strong cutting force, friction force and high speed vibration and other physical effect that make the materials effectively emulsion, dispersed and crushed. At last,the materials are crushed with fine grinding and emulsion. The character: Comparing with pressure homogenizer, the colloid mill is a kind of eccentric equipment at first. Its advantages are simple structure, easy to maintain which can fit for the materials with high viscosity or material with big particle size. Its main disadvantages are decided by its structure. At first, the rate of flow is not constant due to the eccentric forth, corresponding with the great changes of flow material of the same viscosity. The second is due to the high friction force between the rotor and the materials, which are easy to produce a large amount of heat energy and make the materials denaturation. The third is the surface is easy to wear and the grinding effect is evidently reduced after wearing.
3.Structure of colloid mill
The colloid mill machine consists of grinding head, the transmission base parts and the motor. The components which contact with the materials are made of high quality stainless steel. The grinding blades of stator and rotor are the key components. The shapes of the grinding blades are different according to different physical character of materials. And the textures of the blades are all made of stainless steel. The motor are designed according to special requirement of colloid mill and the water blocking plate is equipped at the swelling cover of motor to avoid of leakage.
4. Attentions of operation of colloid mill
1) Connect the feeder or the feeding tube and the outlet or the discharging circulates tube. And then connect the cold water tube and drain pipe.
2) Install the power starter and equipped with Ammeter and indicator light. When the power is on, start the machine and distinguish the direction of motor. From the feeding mouth, the direction should be in clockwise direction.
3) Adjust the clearance between the grinding blades and loose the handle. Rotate the adjustment ring in the clockwise direction. Stretching a hand at the bottom of the base and rotate the fan. When the adjustment ring feels a little bit friction, stop the movement. Then rotate in the other direction and make the gap larger than the corresponding figure. As long as the fine degree of particle size of materials is satisfied, the gap should be a litter larger which can increase the service life of blades. After that, tighten the handle and the adjustment ring in the clockwise direction to fix the gap between them.
4) Disinfect the machine completely and clean the inside of the machine.
5) Switch on the cooling water and start the colloid mill. Feed the materials after the machine’s normal operation. The time for idle running is less than 15 seconds.
6) There is no quartz, broken glass and metal scrapes mixing into the materials, or the grinding plate of rotor and stator are damaged.
7) Be careful the workload of motor. Reduce the feeding amount when the motor works overload.
8) Colloid mill is high precision machinery and grinding gap is very small, high running speed. The operator should work according to the rules of operation. When the machines are find fault, stop the machine instantly. Start the machine after troubleshooting.
9) After using the colloid mill, the machine should be cleaned completely without remained materials, to avoid of the leakage of the sealed machinery by adhesion.
5. Maintaining of colloid mill
1) Colloid mill is high precision machinery, it has high speed, and the line speed is up to 20m every second with small gap between the grinding blades. After examination and repairing, the error of coaxality of the shell surface body with the spindle is less than 0.05mm which should bechecked by the dial gage.
2) Direct hit by the iron hammer are prohibited during the process of unpack or pack the machine for repairing. The wooden hammer should be used or padded with a block a wood to avoid of destroying the easy wearing parts. There are special tools for unpacking the rotor or stator.
3) The machine are sealed which can be divided into static sealing and dynamic sealing. The dynamic sealing adopts the mechanic sealing and the cooperation sealing. The static sealing use O ring and the fasteners are copper gasket sealing, the screw sealing are PTFE tape. The mechanic sealing use the chromium corundum ceramics. It should be replaced if it found cracking. If it is scratch, grind it on the plate, or glass plate.
4) This machine should be maintained regularly according to the condition of material. Without changing of materials, the time for using can be extended.